Sign in to follow this  
hh4evr1

Turn Around By My Sister

The sister who shares my love of heels has told me recently that she is uncomfortable discussing heels with me.

Not sure why it took so long for her to tell me.

Not sure why it took so long for her to tell me.

Possibly, she didn't want to hurt your feelings? I have an ex-girlfriend who feels the same way. She wants (all) her memories of me to be as the macho-man she had her relationship with. Your sister feeling this way is pretty bad news, in that we all hope we can count on our family for a little support, if not out-and-out encouragement.

While talking to a fellow on another forum, he mentioned to me, that homosexuality seems to be significantly more acceptable than cross-dressing. Or to be more specific, homosexuality in both sexes is significantly more acceptable than men wearing womens attire. 'Peculiar' since homosexuality used to be a criminal offence (and still is in many countries), but men wearing a heel was once a fashionable sign of wealth?

I suppose I perceive the crossing or the blurring of normal (defined) sexuality as a sliding scale with "macho-man" at one end, with man-in-heels right next to him, and homosexual transvestite (T/S candidate) at the other end. Obviously others (your sister, my ex-girlfriend) would have us much further up that sliding scale than I would place us. So, while doing something you like may be perfectly legal, it doesn't mean it comes without prejudice of course. Just because men can sleep with men legally now, doesn't mean everyone fully accepts it. Hoteliers, are still being prosecuted for discrimination in 2012/2013. People still find a man wearing a heel, either shocking or amusing.

Only last night while walking around Westfield White City, I overhead (I think) a girl working on what could be a cosmetics counter in The Village, tell her colleague to "look at that bloke mumble mumble" as I walked past. I walked a few more paces and turned, to find the talker looking in my direction, but not her colleague. They must see 1000 people an hour walk past them. I saw a Nicki Minaj look-a-like, (convinced me), and another black girl wearing grey high heeled OTK (thigh) boots. [shopping?] Two tall white girls who could have been fashion models ..... All worthy of a comment, but me? Some folk need to get a life, or some experience of one. :rolleyes: 

I'm confused.  Did you discuss heels with your sister in the past, and now she has decided she doesn't want to continue?  Or, do you both share a love of heels, but she never knew that you shared the same interests...

Do you think someone else might have influenced her opinion? It seems strange that she would just stop after years of being comfortable about it.

She knew and would discuss heels with me. Then said she doesn't want to ever discuss heels again.

Seems like something has happened,and something serious/major?

Do you think someone else might have influenced her opinion? It seems strange that she would just stop after years of being comfortable about it.

I hadn't thought of someone else being involved. Perhaps a husband?

There's obviously some more to this ....... 

It could be her husband, If he knows. He isn't accepting of gay people. So he wouldn't accept men wearing anything that is considered womens wear.

Yes, the husband would be my guess as well....What ashame.  But, you must understand that she is caught in the middle of two people she loves and cares about...So, it is probably best to comply with her request. 

On the other hand, I wouldn't deviate from whatever footwear you normally wear to such events just to keep your brother in law quiet...

On the other hand, I wouldn't deviate from whatever footwear you normally wear to such events just to keep your brother in law quiet...

I don't know him so I shouldn't criticise, but doesn't sound an 'endearing' fellow ......  :huh:

Seems like he is probably an insecure type that silently fears that he himself might be interested in wearing heels, oh well just a theory....

In any event, while you should respect your sister's situation, don't let this fellows insecurities "bully" you into not wearing the footwear you normally wear to family functions (not held at your sister's home)....

I know, much easier said then done....I should practice what i preach!

Talking to a good friend the other day, I was rather shocked to find he is anti-gay, citing the practice as "unnatural". I countered with some comments, but he said the argument was going nowhere and he had other things to be getting on with, and left.

I'm completely indifferent really, and fortunately haven't had much exposure to anyone who feels strongly either way - until a couple of days ago. Alarmingly, he is someone I have been tempted to share my heeling interest with that I won't be tempted to do, after all. It wouldn't be much of a jump required to make 2+2 = 5. And I have few enough friends already, to cause an un-mendable rift with him and his whole family.

Really don't understand his attitude.